VitaPath Genetics is seeking a Marketing Manager to prepare for and ensure the successful launch of a new diagnostic test for preventing birth defects by effectively managing all elements of the marketing mix including product, pricing, placement, and promotion. This is a hands-on position ideally suited for an individual with enormous enthusiasm and a willingness to work in a fast-paced start-up environment. Under the direction of the CEO, the Marketing Manager will develop marketing strategies for the diagnostic test and oversee its full tactical implementation. He or she will be expected to deliver powerful marketing programs to drive market development, market penetration, and sustainable commercial success. This position requires creativity and the ability to work with limited supervision and structure.
The responsibilities of the Marketing Manager will include:
- Developing and managing a successful product launch plan
- Monitoring market dynamics and building a pricing and sales forecast model
- Connecting with key opinion leaders and patient groups to understand the critical elements of the marketing strategy and to develop a strong support base for the test
- Supporting the company’s public relations efforts
- Creating and managing a cost-effective launch budget and marketing activities to maximize the use of non-conventional promotion
- Manage all pre-launch activities, including the final development and release of promotional materials and support tools in advance of the formal launch
- Analyzing market and product research to gauge effectiveness of marketing strategy
- Build credible launch ramp models and achieve product revenue objectives
- MBA plus at least 2 years of experience in life sciences marketing, preferably in diagnostics
- Experience in the use of web-based outreach tools, including the use of social media for corporate promotion and search engine optimization tools
- Knowledge of insurance industry and reimbursement
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal, including expertise with PowerPoint and associated graphics tools
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to establish and maintain positive relationships with various external parties
- Appreciation for and willingness to work in start-up environment, with limited resources and a do-it-yourself attitude
VitaPath Genetics is a molecular diagnostics start-up, backed by top-tier Silicon Valley venture capital firms and based in Foster City. We are developing a family of DNA tests to help individuals reduce the risk of serious and life-threatening disease. Our first product is a genetic test to identify risk factors that are associated with Spina Bifida, a common birth defect that may be preventable if at-risk women are treated with high dose folic acid prior to conception. For more information about VitaPath, visit our website at http://www.vpgenetics.com.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Marketing Manager” in the subject field.