The Controller is responsible for the areas of Finance and Accounting. Primary duties include, but are not limited to, development and updating as needed all finance systems, procedures and controls with a focus on accuracy, efficiency and timeliness; entry and filing of accounts payable; accounts receivable; cash receipts; cash disbursements; bank and credit card transactions; journal entries; accruals; prepare & track expense reports; prepare and distribute financial reports and statements; import payroll through GL interface; cash-flow reports; revenue & expense reports; annual 1099, 990 and other tax filings; periodic and annual audit preparation; update current and develop new policies & procedures; answering telephone calls from clients and customers; maintaining and creating finance, contracts and related paper and electronic
filing systems; and ensuring adequate coverage for the Finance Department at all times.
Provide leadership, management and direct supervision for all direct reports in the Finance Department. Provide teaching, mentoring and staff development, or ensure provision of these through the proper resources.
Attends all company events, functions, conferences and meetings with individuals/small groups as necessary. Takes an active role in overall company strategic planning and management.
She or he will perform other projects and assignments as directed by the CEO.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work closely with the CEO to accomplish the goals, objectives and strategic plan for the Finance Department established in cooperation with the Management Team.
2. Oversee and manage all aspects of the Finance Department.
3. Supervise all direct reports of the Finance Department.
4. Builds, develops and manages teams capable of carrying out all financial components and contractual obligations such that clear value is added for our internal clients.
5. Must build and develop the organization, processes, procedures and workflows within the Finance Department to support strategic direction.
6. Oversees Finance Department budgets.
7. Interacts regularly with Executive Team, Management Team and individual Department Heads to ensure that financial operational priorities are aligned with overall company direction and that the company provides the necessary support
to the operation divisions.
8. Prepare financials and provide financial reports for all Board of Directors, Executive Committee and other meetings as needed.
9. Develop internal and external communications and reports as needed.
10. Ensures compliance of all finance government, state and federal regulations.
11. Data entry of accounts payables, accounts receivables, cash receipts, deposits, and other financial transactions.
12. Create policies, procedures and workflows for Finance functions to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, and streamline processes.
13. Prepare monthly reconciliations of the all bank and credit card accounts.
14. Prepare monthly reconciliation of the general ledger and all subsidiary legers.
15. Prepare and distribute internal and external operational/financial reports and analyses.
16. Assist with the preparation of the annual financial audit.
17. Carry out other duties, tasks and projects as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- B.A. or B.S. Degree
- Masters degree in business administration and/or CPA license preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in financial management, business administration, or from a corporate perspective required.
- Strong background and experience in finance and accounting is required.
- Experience with accounting software (preferably QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions) required.
- Must have extremely high level of proficiency of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and experience with internet research.
- Able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer drive and dedication to quality and success.
- Detail-oriented and able to work well independently.
- Strong project management, communication, prioritization and feedback skills are critical to success.
- Flexible with work hours, able to travel, and be able to work on evenings and weekends frequently.
- Strong acumen for the health care industry, analytical thinking skills and a strong and dedicated work ethic are required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
To apply for this position or for more information about COPE Health Solutions, please visit our website at http://copehealthsolutions.org/careerswithcope/.