The Finance & Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for the areas of Finance and Accounting while assisting with General Administration. Primary duties including, but not limited to, entry and filing of accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts, cash disbursements, journal entries, accruals, prepare & track expense reports; payroll processing, cash-flow reports, monthly financial reports, annual 1099, and other tax filings, periodic and annual audit preparation and any other additional finance work as needed, assisting at all company sponsored events, answering telephone calls from clients and customers, creating and maintaining filing systems, and providing coverage and general support for the Controller. She or he will perform other projects and assignments as directed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Data entry of accounts payables, accounts receivables, cash receipts, deposits and other financial transactions.
2. Assist with creating policies, procedures and workflows for Finance functions to improve operations, decrease turnaround times and streamline processes.
3. Assist with preparation of monthly reconciliations of all credit card accounts.
4. Assist with preparation of monthly reconciliation of the general ledger and all subsidiary legers.
5. Prepare and distribute internal and external operational/financial reports and analyses.
6. Assist with the preparation of the annual financial audit.
7. Assist with expense and mileage reimbursements.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
B.A. or B.S. Degree
Minimum 1 year of business and/or Accounting experience
Experience with accounting software (preferably QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions) highly recommended
Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills are required
Able to work collaboratively and effectively while handling multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment
Detail-oriented and able to work well independently
Strong project management, communication, prioritization and feedback skills are critical to success
Flexible with work hours and be able to work on evenings and weekends as needed
Strong acumen for the health care industry, analytical thinking skills and a strong and dedicated work ethic are required
Exceptional customer service skills
Candidate will develop innovative ideas, display quality outcomes and be able to work with the entire COPE Health Solutions’ team
Extremely high level of proficiency of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Project Management) and experience with internet research.
To apply for this position or for more information about COPE Health Solutions, please visit our website at http://copehealthsolutions.org/careerswithcope/