Have a innovative idea and looking for funding?
The USC Stevens Institute would like to invite you to apply for funding from The Light Bulb Fund, USC’s first funding source for Innovation. The Lightbulb Fund provides financial support for individual students or campus organizations who seek to enhance the culture of innovation at USC through programs or events. Feel free to apply as a student or on behalf of a student organization at USC. Applications are reviewed bi-weekly by the USC Stevens Innovation Leadership Council.
Please visit http://stevens.usc.edu/lightbulbfund.php to learn more about The Light Bulb Fund and how you can apply!
VitaPath Genetics is seeking a Marketing Manager to prepare for and ensure the successful launch of a new diagnostic test for preventing birth defects by effectively managing all elements of the marketing mix including product, pricing, placement, and promotion. This is a hands-on position ideally suited for an individual with enormous enthusiasm and a willingness to work in a fast-paced start-up environment. Under the direction of the CEO, the Marketing Manager will develop marketing strategies for the diagnostic test and oversee its full tactical implementation. He or she will be expected to deliver powerful marketing programs to drive market development, market penetration, and sustainable commercial success. This position requires creativity and the ability to work with limited supervision and structure.
The responsibilities of the Marketing Manager will include:
- Developing and managing a successful product launch plan
- Monitoring market dynamics and building a pricing and sales forecast model
- Connecting with key opinion leaders and patient groups to understand the critical elements of the marketing strategy and to develop a strong support base for the test
- Supporting the company’s public relations efforts
- Creating and managing a cost-effective launch budget and marketing activities to maximize the use of non-conventional promotion
- Manage all pre-launch activities, including the final development and release of promotional materials and support tools in advance of the formal launch
- Analyzing market and product research to gauge effectiveness of marketing strategy
- Build credible launch ramp models and achieve product revenue objectives
- MBA plus at least 2 years of experience in life sciences marketing, preferably in diagnostics
- Experience in the use of web-based outreach tools, including the use of social media for corporate promotion and search engine optimization tools
- Knowledge of insurance industry and reimbursement
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal, including expertise with PowerPoint and associated graphics tools
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to establish and maintain positive relationships with various external parties
- Appreciation for and willingness to work in start-up environment, with limited resources and a do-it-yourself attitude
VitaPath Genetics is a molecular diagnostics start-up, backed by top-tier Silicon Valley venture capital firms and based in Foster City. We are developing a family of DNA tests to help individuals reduce the risk of serious and life-threatening disease. Our first product is a genetic test to identify risk factors that are associated with Spina Bifida, a common birth defect that may be preventable if at-risk women are treated with high dose folic acid prior to conception. For more information about VitaPath, visit our website at http://www.vpgenetics.com.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Marketing Manager” in the subject field.
Apr 08 – 11 2010
Stanford University, Palo Alto, California
Rolling Application. Final Applications Due Saturday, March 13th.
Are you a college student and an aspiring entrepreneur? Then you shouldn’t miss the National Entrepreneurial Bootcamp sponsored by Princeton’s BT and Stanford’s BASES to learn what it takes to develop an idea into a successful venture!
With dozens of executive and entrepreneurial speakers, the Entrepreneurial Bootcamp is a 3-day intensive program that provides participants with an intimate knowledge of the tasks and challenges that all entrepreneurs face. In the process, you will acquire the management and leadership skills needed to excel in a business environment.
Surrounded by a dynamic group of peer student leaders from universities around the nation, experience the innovative culture of Silicon Valley, Venture Capitalists, and mentors. The Entrepreneurial Bootcamp provides you with the tools to get your business idea off the ground and into the world.
All non-Stanford student delegates will receive an all-expense paid trip to Stanford University, including food & lodging.
22nd annual Growth Stock Conference coming up March 15th-17th at the Ritz Carlton in Dana Point and sponsored by Roth Capital Partners.
Please join ROTH for its annual three-day conference that brings together executives from approximately 350 growth companies including 100 Chinese companies. This event is designed to provide investors with a unique opportunity to gain
insight into small- and mid-cap growth companies across a variety of sectors, including energy, sofware, technology, industrials, healthcare, media, consumer, and retail. We combine company presentations, Q&A sessions, expert panels and management one-on-one meetings to provide our institutional clients with extensive interaction with senior management to gain in-depth insights into each company.
The conference is no-charge to USC Marshall students but you MUST register with Mr. Chad Cooper via email (CCooper@roth.com ) by COB (5:00 PM PST) Thursday, March 11th – no exceptions. Business attire at the conference is required.
HOW TO BUILD A REMARKABLE COMPANY by Dealmaker Media LA
Wednesday, March 3, 2010 | 6:00PM – 9:00PM
Clearstone Venture Partners: 1351 4th Street, 4th floor Santa Monica, CA
Click here to Register
Don’t be boring, be remarkable. Seems easy, right? It’s not. Just think of how many Twitter and Facebook clones are clogging up the Intertubes!
Being remarkable means taking risks, facing nay-sayers, and doing something that’s never been done before – like Apple, Google and Virgin. What can we learn from those who dreamed big and turned figments of their imagination into businesses that have changed the world? Join us for an inspiring conversation that will challenge you to go from ‘good’ to great – and give you to tools and motivation to rise above the rest.
Kirk Hawkins, Co-Founder ICON Aircraft
Steen Strand, Co-Founder, ICON Aircraft
At this special event, we’re thinking out of the box, so you can too.
Startup DNA: How do you build a truly remarkable company?
Where does inspiration for “new” ideas come from?
How do you promote a new idea to a market that might not yet be defined?
Spreading the gospel: turning doubters into believers.
How to surround yourself with a winning team.
You must RSVP to attend!